Friday, January 11, 2013

Second Hand Frustration

I think it's wonderful that I live in a country where people have the freedom to smoke if they want to. That said, if you sign a lease for an apartment in a building where there's no smoking, you should probably at the very least take it outside. I don't care how cold it is.

Both of neighbors smoke. I'm not sure which one it is that's seeping through my walls or floor, but I'm pretty sick to death of it. It wreaks in my apartment right now. It particularly smells in the only closet we have where we keep all of our clothes.

I could complain to my landlord about it (he's a pretty nice guy) but it's his brother-in-law lives next door and his aunt that lives downstairs, so I'm not sure how far any further complaining would get me.

I almost want to buy each of them one of those electronic cigarettes that don't smell. If I were made of money, I'd rip off an arm and a leg to pay for the damn things myself. Alas, I'm not made of money and I doubt the kiosk in the mall accepts bloody dismembered limbs.

It might be worth a shot though.

No comments: